Komet Songwriter 30
The Songwriter 30 was the last Trainwreck
amplifier design that was built by the legendary Kenneth Fischer. Due to his
failing health, Ken was only able to build two of these magnificent hand wired
amplifiers. Komet Amplification has been awarded the license by Trainwreck to
recreate the Songwriter 30 in exacting detail to the original.
We are using "Bree", one of the two
original Trainwreck Songwriter amps that is on long term loan to Komet, as our
reference amp. Every new Songwriter 30 is meticulously hand built and voiced,
then it is play tested in comparison to "Bree" to be sure it sounds
just as perfect. It's powered by a quartet of cathode biased EL84/6BQ5 output
tubes. The pre amp incorporates two 12AX7 tubes. It's meticulously assembled
and hand wired with only the best sounding and most reliable
- 33 Watts RMS
- 4 - EL84/6BQ5 power tubes
- 2 - 12AX7 pre amp tubes
- Three way bright switch
- Military grade 2 Watt potentiometers: Treble, Volume, Bass
- 4 / 8 / 16 - Ohm selector, two parallel outputs
- Cathode biased
- Solid State rectification
- Custom designed transformers made in the U.S.A.
- Internally hand wired and meticulously assembled with the finest of
- Silver tinned Teflon wire - hand wired onto glass epoxy tag board
- Laser cut aluminum welded chassis
- (audiophile grade) ceramic, gold plated tube socket pins on silver
plated sockets made by Azuma
- All switches made by NKK
- 1/8th" laser cut & welded aircraft grade aluminum welded
chassis made here in Louisiana
- Components assembled and mounted with stainless steel screws, bolts,
washers and nuts.
- Head Format: 20-5/8" x 10" x 9.5" - made from Baltic
birch ply - made in the U.S.A.
- Maple front and back panel
- Black or Silver aluminum control panels available
- Levant style tolex (custom order color options available)
- Black Tolex standard color - (custom color options available)
- Weight: 30 lbs.
- Completely built in Louisiana, U.S.A.
- 120V / 240V AC (internally hard wired)